Skill Building and Innovative Job Opportunities for Regional Development of Georgia
The project „Skill Building and Innovative Job Opportunities for Regional Development of Georgia“, is implemented by The Center for Strategic Research and Development of Georgia (CSRDG), Georgian Civil Development Association (GCDA), Young Pedagogues Union (YPU). The overall Objective of the project is - Developing and maintaining local human capital in order to promote social and economic empowerment in Guria, Kakheti and Kvemo Kartli regions.
The Overall Objective of the project is Developing and maintaining local human capital in order to promote social and economic empowerment in Guria, Kakheti and Kvemo Kartli regions. In order to reach the goal, increasing regional potential in formal and informal education is planned under two specific objectives:
Specific Objective are : New employment opportunities are developed via labour market demand driven skill building for jobseekers and innovative linkages between jobseekers and potential employers and The young population in selected regions studying in schools and VETs have sufficient skills and knowledge to use relevant employment opportunities.
Results of the project:
• For implementation of the project, we planned to conduct an employment market study in the target regions.
• More than 1670 people will improve their knowledge and skills needed for employment in the target regions
• At least 300 job seekers will be employed during the project
• 6 employment promotion centers LESC will be established in the target regions, thay will served up to 900 job seekers will receive services tailored to their needs;
• 6 events will organized in the LESC in frames of the project;
• 5 of multisector initiatives that create new employment opportunities in the target regions
• Entrepreneurship and career development clubs - ECD clubs, will be launched in 28 schools where at least 450 students will improve their entrepreneurial skills and deepen their knowledge of various professions.
• with support of their facilitators 50 independent initiatives will be produced by ECD clubs
• there will also be 2 summer camps that will thematically encourage students to gain entrepreneurial knowledge for use.
• Up to 200 teachers will be trained and min. 20 Integrated Entrepreneurship Skills Development Project
• 6 social enterprises (WISE) will be established in the target regions where at least 20 beneficial would be employing from less competitive groups in the labor market.
• 5 Vocational schools will provide needs-based organizational development consulting services, which will include needs research and face-to-face consultations, group meetings, trainings, offering internal procedures and similar activities.
Partnership that creates, Partnership that creates
Economy & trade, Employment and entrepreneurship
Business, Jobs, Skills
Foundation of Centre For Strategic Research And Development of Georgia, Georgian Civil Development Association (GCDA)
Funding by the EU:
EU Project Number: