COVID-19 Solidarity Program for Key Populations in Eastern Partnership countries is launched
FEW International has launched the regional COVID-19 Solidarity Program in the Eastern Partnership countries with the financial support of the European Union and in partnership with People in Need and the Netherlands Helsinki Committee. This project will support community-based organizations to respond to the immediate and longer-term impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in the Eastern Partnership countries.
AFEW International will support 9 organizations with small grants in the period of October 2020 – September 2021. The maximum amount per grant is 5000 euro.
Which activities will be supported?
- Projects address the immediate COVID-19 related health and socio-economic needs of Key Populations, and enable them to continue supporting their usual constituents.
- Activities respond to a situation that threatens the health, and/or the physical or juridical safety of one or more people from the above target groups or threatens the financial and/or legal situation of an NGO/CBO.
- The activity will be used as a tool for local, national and/or international advocacy for preventing similar emergencies occurring in the future.
- The activities to relieve an emergency will be immediately implemented and will last no longer than 12 months.
Who can apply?
- Applicant must be a Community based organization (CBO) or represent the interests and needs of the following groups:
- Sex workers
- Men who have sex with men (MSM)
- Women vulnerable to HIV
- Adolescents and/or youth
- People using drugs
- People living with HIV (PLHIV)
- Applicant is based in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, the Republic of Moldova, Ukraine.
- Applicant is a registered CBO or – if not registered – provides references from partner organisations.
How to apply?
Fill out the form (can be downloaded from here). An application shall be submitted in English or Russian. The deadline for submitting the form is on 27 September 2020 at 17:00 CET (Amsterdam time). All proposals submitted after the deadline will not be reviewed! Decisions will be made within 3 weeks. Funds will be transferred approximately within 14 days after a positive decision.
Send this form to the following email address: covid19@AFEW.nl. Once submitted, you will receive an automated notification.
Wait for the decision of the Selection Commission regarding your application. The review of the applications will be done within 3 weeks after the deadline. The decisions will be announced on 19 October 2020.
If you have questions, please refer them to the above-mentioned email address or to Valeria Fulga: valeria_fulga@AFEW.nl.
More details about the call for applications – here
Application Form CoV-19 Solidarity Program – download