Sustaining Migration Management in Georgia (ENIGMMA-2)
The project contributes to the sustainable enhancement of mobility and people-to-people contacts between the EU and Georgia. It builds on the experience of previous similar initiatives and addresses identified and potential migration-related risks of visa liberalisation in Georgia and the EU Member States, and maximises visa liberalisation benefits in areas covered by the project.
The project provides support to the Government of Georgia and its relevant agencies in implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of the impact of Migration Strategy.
1. To actively support the State Commission on Migration Issues (SCMI) in implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of the impact of Migration Strategy, without prejudice to Migration Strategy Action Plan and Evaluation Indicators document (as one of the important outcome of the Visa Liberalisation Action Plan in the field of migration);
2. To implement joint measures to mitigate, target and address identified and possible migration related risks of future visa liberalisation in Georgia and the EU member states;
3. To foster and support migration understanding, expertise and education;
4. To further deepen cooperation between the migration institutions of the EU Member States and Georgia on migration related issues with the aim of further supporting Georgian’s European integration process.
Sustainable implementation of the Migration Strategy is supported;
- Analytical capacities of the SCMI on forecasting, monitoring, evaluation and development of strategies to mitigate possible migratory effects of visa liberalisation are further enhanced;
- Capacities of SCMI in implementation, as well as monitoring and evaluation of the impact of the Migration Strategy implementation, without prejudice to Migration Strategy Action Plan and Evaluation Indicators document, are further enhanced;
- Comprehensive targeted information campaigns and measures promoting legal migration and employment channels and informing about the risks of irregular migration are (re)designed in accordance with the results of the situation analysis (link to the specific objective 1) and implemented;
- Regular consultations with migration authorities in EU member states– main countries of destination of Georgian migrants in order to develop legal channels for regularisation of Georgian migrants in irregular situation are established;
- Analytical capacities of the SCMI for effective implementation of the Migration Risk Analysis Concept is enhanced;
- Measures to promote legal migration channels between Georgia and the EU are designed and implemented;
- Exchange between EaP countries on migration education and research is improved;
- Capacity building of the SCMI institutions on EU migration acquis and selected areas of the Migration Strategy is supported;
- Media understanding on migration is enhanced;
- Institutional knowledge and practical experience/skills of the SCMI on the EU acquis in the field of migration and its approximation is increased;
- Recommendations for further approximation of the Georgian migration legislation to the EU acquis are jointly considered by the SCMI and the EU member states experts;
- Working contacts and relations of the SCMI members with the EU migration-related institutions are further developed and strengthened.