EU4Business – EBRD Credit Line – Phase II
The "EU4Business – EBRD Credit Line – Phase II" initiative assists the development of the SME sector and its capacity to take advantage of DCFTA opportunities through a variety of investments supported by grant funding from the EU for risk mitigation, investment incentives to SMEs and technical assistance.
The overall purpose of the Initiative is to support DCFTA-related priority improvements in SMEs operating in Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine following the signing of the Association Agreements in 2014. Specifically, to increase the number of investments that enable SMEs to respond to challenges and opportunities created by the DCFTA, improve the availability and terms of long term-funding for businesses in the three beneficiary countries and facilitate cross-border trade operations.
By the end of the project, the following results should be achieved:
- 7 PFIs involved in extending sub-loans to SMEs.
- 12 PFIs involved in providing trade finance instruments.
- €600 million in new trade facilitation financing.
- 400 sub-loans to SMEs or investments implemented by SMEs for DCFTA purpose.
- €113 million in new financing extended to SMEs.
- 16,000 estimated jobs sustained.
- 900 trade transactions supported.