EU4Business: Eastern Partnership Trade Helpdesk
The "EU4Business: Eastern Partnership Trade Helpdesk" project aims to support an increase in trade between the Eastern Partner countries and with the EU by providing an online portal that offers access to trade information from a regional perspective. Surveys of trade barriers faced by companies will also be undertaken in each country, complemented by an online feedback system on the portal, to help policy makers identify ways to reduce trade-related costs. The project will also build national capacity to collect and process trade in services data for selected sectors and train business support organisations in the use of the market analysis tools available on the portal to enable them to identify new opportunities, within the EaP region and in the EU.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to increased trade between Eastern partner countries and between Eastern partner countries and the EU.
The specific objective is to enable SMEs in the region to make better informed trade decisions when doing business in the region and with EU countries.
The project will:
- Develop an online portal providing trade information on the region and the EU, including:
- Market trends (trade statistics, trade indicators, export potential).
- Market requirements (tariffs, non-tariff measures, taxes, trade agreements, rules of origin).
- Export guides for selected products.
- Business contacts.
- Identify regulatory and procedural trade obstacles through company surveys.
- Facilitate the reporting, monitoring and resolution of obstacles via an online reporting system available on the portal.
- Build national capacity to collect and process trade in services data for selected sectors.
- Train business support organisations in the use of the portal’s market analysis tools to enable them to identify new opportunities, within the Eastern Partnership region and in the EU.