The contest on 5-minute films on Road Safety
The aim of the contest
The number of road accidents and fatalities remains unacceptably high in Georgia. According to the WHO “Global Status Reports”, in Georgia road deaths is the 6th top cause of premature deaths for all age groups and the 1st top cause of premature deaths for children and young adults aged 5-29 years.
Road accidents affect the lives, the plans and the dreams of many who were victims of road crashes as well as their family members. Why does it happen? Because of aggressive, careless behavior of drivers such as drunk driving, over speeding, texting while driving, drifting in urban areas etc.
Apart from that, the situation brings huge economic costs, with the average annual loss to the country caused by road traffic accidents estimated at over 3% of GDP.
The aim of this film contest is to raise public awareness about the social consequences caused by road accidents.
Who can participate?
All Georgian residents, above 18 years old, professional and amateur directors can participate in the contest.
Conditions for the participation in the contest:
- The contestants must send a documentary, artistic, animated, fiction or hybrid film
- The film must be in Georgian with English subtitles or in English with Georgian subtitles.
- Duration – 5 minutes (the maximum length – 5 minutes; the minimum length – 1 minute)
- A film shouldn’t be published on any platform
- The author must hold the copyrights of the film and all footage used in the film
- If required, the author must present the permission of the actor/actress in the leading role on participation (if necessary, the form of the contest letter will be provided)
- The author must have the full right to use music in the film
- Film format – minimum HD quality 1920×1080, mp4
Which criteria will be taken into consideration for evaluation?
- Film idea/ story
- An angle of displaying the topic / Relevancy to the theme
- Visual approach and form
- Technical setup (audio and video quality)
How can we register?
Contestants must fill in the application form (click here) (after a click, the application form should be opened here)
How to send a film?
Video should be uploaded on Youtube or Vimeo (UNLISTED)
During the registration you should put your film link into the indicated graph of the application
Write in subject – 5-minute film on road safety
When is the deadline for submitting the film?
Deadline for submitting the film is 22 May, 2023
What is the prize fund?
The best film first place – 4000 EUR
The best film second prize – 2000 EUR
How do we know which movies go to the second stage and who will select the films?
The films for the next stage will be selected by the jury.
Shortlisted films will be published on web and social media pages of Radio Liberty.
All Participants will be invited to the ceremony, on which the winners of the Contest will be announced.
The two winners from the second stage will be selected by the jury.
It is not allowed to post a film on any other platform before the competition ends.
- Nino Orjonikidze – Documentalist
- Keti Machavariani – Filmmaker
- Rati Oneli – Filmmaker
- Błażej Grzechnik – Filmmaker
- Eka Laliashvili – Road Safety Expert
- a representative of the European Union Delegation
Ministry of Development Funds and Regional Policy of Poland within the European Union Funded Twinning Project: Support in Establishment of Comprehensive Road Safety Database and Further Improvement of Road Safety Management in Georgia with a cooperation with Liberty Radio
For the additional information please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org