EU4Business - East Invest I and II
The "EU4Business-East Invest" is a regional trade facilitation project. It contributes to the economic development of the Eastern Partnership (EaP) region and to the improvement of its business environment. It facilitates the internationalisation process for participating small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in the EaP countries and the EU. The project develops mechanisms encouraging new flows of foreign direct investment, strengthens the ongoing investment promotion process between the EU and the Eastern Partnership countries, as well as between the Eastern Partner countries themselves, contributing to the enhancement of trade in the region.
- Organisation of matchmaking meetings between SMEs from EU and EaP countries to initiate partnerships, including participation in regional fairs.
- Provision of Technical Assistance (TA) to SMEs within EAST-NET to enhance their networking and trading competences and opportunities.
- Provision of TA to business facilitators within EAST-NET, enhancing their abilities and opportunities in supporting network SMEs.
- Provision of TA to selected public sector bodies within EAST-NET to enhance their capacity to create a more conducive business environment for SMEs within the entire East-Invest region.
- Strengthening public-private dialogue, notably by integrating SMEs, business facilitators and selected public-sector SME facilitators into the networking mechanisms.
- Facilitating exchange of best practices and interconnections between EU and EaP companies in order to favour business co-operation agreements, mutual trade, transfer of technology, customs procedures, product standards and investment.
- Developing the capacity of EaP SME support organisations to facilitate improved SME networking and trade development.
- Consolidation and establishment of SME support networks both in the EaP region (EAST-NET) and in the EU (EURONET).
Partnership that creates, Partnership that creates
Economy & trade, Employment and entrepreneurship
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine
Funding by the EU:
€15 250 000
EU Project Number: